Thursday, October 13, 2011

when did grandparents become my "peeps"?

I started teaching at St. Chris when I was in my 30's (VERY late 30's I will admit), and have continued through my 40's and 50's AND I still thought of all these people who showed up for Grandparent's Day as kind of me versus them. However, now that I've crept into my 60's, as I looked over the crowd Monday, the reality of it hit me...THESE ARE MY PEOPLE!!!!  Whoa...and just when did that happen?                                                                  
Here we are practicing for our big "gig" for Grandparent's Day...excuse the fact that I had to push Mrs. Allspaw out of the picture in order to get everyone in!
Next year I think I am going to volunteer to "MC" Grandparent's Day because...after all...THESE ARE MY PEOPLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment