Tuesday, November 6, 2012

election day at st. chris...oy vey

Election day 2012...passions and enthusiasms...and a lot of hard work by the St. Christopher 5th grade and their awesome teacher Mrs. Amber Barker.  From start to finish the 5th graders have been impressive and as far as I can tell they had a "hoot" doing it all...tomorrow will truly be a post election let down for them all.


The poll workers were poised and professional...

...and then 1st grade arrived...hence the "oy vey" in the title!

Everyone is taking this VERY seriously.

The Obama girls...

...and the Romney girl.

...and you know those annoying poll workers who try and persuade your vote at the last moment...yes, we had those too (no offense Ben).

Two voting booths...hand made with love.

First up to vote...that pen was taped down so well that there was no chance a first grader could walk off with it...those shifty first graders.

Notice the voter ID (our lunch tickets...with pictures of course) and notice the tape on that pen!

My absolute favorite moment of the whole experience was when I was helping one of my first graders fold his ballot for the ballot box and I noticed he had voted for BOTH candidates.  When I asked him about it, he looked at me very seriously and said, "well, I put a check for the one I wanted and an x for the one I didn't want.  
Reason #8456 why 6 and 7 year olds should never get legal voting rights!

Results:
Obama 143
Romney 88

Now we wait...

3 comments:

  1. that is so awesome! i love the way st. chris did this! i'm a little surprised by the results though. in my fifth grader's class (st. luke, outside of dayton, oh) it was:
    obama - 6
    romney - 42
    logan couldn't believe she was only 1 of 6 people to vote for the president. we were VERY happy today though ;)

    ReplyDelete