Sunday, November 17, 2013

the many faces of Sam...

This is Samantha..or Sam..or Sammy (her preferred she tells me).  Her smile lights up a room and she definitely wears her feelings on her face but mostly it is with a smile.  Sam's family is new TO ME this year and she also has a darling and energy-filled baby brother at home so hopefully there will be more years with this very nice family!

My very favorite first grade look...toothless!


Sam's very favorite game is to play hide-and-go-seek with her friend Kairi (Sam's spelling so I trust her).  She likes to play this game both inside and outside and she confessed that Kairi is a much better hider but SHE is a much better seeker.  I do think it takes one of each to make a really good game.  


Remember what I titled this piece..."the many faces of sam"?  Here is an example: rocking the "stache".  A good look Miss Samantha!


In case you hadn't noticed, Sam's very favorite color IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD is pink.  She even has a pair of very pink cowboy boots.  The first day she wore them she said  "Aren't these kicking boots?"  Yes Sam, they are, and since she wants to be a cowboy when she grows up it's good to start perfecting your cowboy style early.  You can pick out your horse at a later date!  If she could find a unicorn to ride life would be perfect in Sam's world.
Sam had described this shirt to me several times so I wasn't at all surprised to see her wearing it on an out-of-uniform day.  It's a "kicking" shirt wild child Samantha!  


Sam's favorite chore at home is helping with the laundry...specifically pressing the buttons on the washing machine.  Things got pretty wild at her house once and she was EVEN allowed to press the dryer button...a very important event obviously.


My first thought seeing this pic was "What...no pink?" and then I spotted the hairclips...whew!


I asked her what her very favorite school lunch was and she said "mac and cheese".  We just had that last week and I have to agree Sam because it is in my top 10 also!

I love it when I get those pictures where words just fail me...the pic speaks for itself.

Sam told me that the thing that makes her the very happiest is playing with her friends at school...especially when Olivia teaches her about gymnastics.  (Attention Olivia's parents: you might want to get Sam's parents to sign a release of liability statement...just saying!)

I absolutely L.O.V.E. this pic of Sam and Topher...the look on both of their faces is so priceless and full of tenderness.
...and look at how our Topher has grown...more than doubled his size since school started.

Miss Samantha is my "dreamer" this year.  She has these wonderful scenarios going on in her head at all times that she sometimes gets lost in.  She is a brilliant student but as I often say to her and her parents..."Thank God her head is attached or we would spend all of our time looking for it"...dream on Samantha...just don't forget your homework folder!!!!

Up next: Evan

No comments:

Post a Comment