Wednesday, September 21, 2011

tooth fairy and k backs

There is not a much more exciting event in my room than getting your name up on the "lost tooth" sign.  As you can see,  I got to add mine today after an emergency extraction this morning!   This was very exciting for me on soooo many levels as that pesky tooth is gone PLUS I have been hearing about the generous amounts the tooth fairy has been leaving these days...the bar has been set high Miss Tooth Fairy so don't disappoint me tomorrow morning when I look under my pillow...there better be something besides dog hair!!!










K backs!
Yesterday the kids leaned that the letter C pretty much comes to us "naked" with no sound of its own and has to "borrow" from either the letter K or the letter S.  In order to identify which letter it is borrowing its sound from the C has to be coded.  If the C has the /k/ sound we add a line in front of it to make it look "kinda" like a k..."/c".  This line is called the k back.   Let's say that it was a difficult lesson for a few so back to the drawing board we went today and when I asked the kids if they remembered what we called that line, one VERY enthusiastic soul about waved his hand off to get my attention.  When I called on him to name this line he very proudly announced "It's called a BAR CODE!!!"

These are definitely children of the 21st century!

No comments:

Post a Comment