Saturday, October 5, 2013

andrew...


This is Andrew (one of two Andrews in my class...so really this is Andrew E. or Andrew 7).  Andrew was new to St. Chris this year but actually I told him this week it seems like he has been there forever.  Andrew is everything you would want in a kid...sweet, handsome, smart, well-behaved and what really captures my heart...he is a red head.


Andrew and his family (well...at least his Mom) and I could be kindred spirits...they are animal crazy.  At last count, they had three dogs with another one joining them around Halloween, four birds (parakeets) and three fish.  They REALLY need a farm cuz then they could have horses, goats, llamas...I must introduce them to the Witek parents.  Andrew...you were a darling "kid".



When I first met the Eller family (on their initial tour of St. Chris) I just knew that I was going to like them and we had so many connections that I didn't even know about.  First...Andrew's two older brothers had graduated from Cardinal Ritter High School which is a huge connection as that is where the majority of our kids go for "higher learning" and second...one of Andrew's older brothers dates one of my favorite "old girls" Samantha W.  What a small world.  I kept my fingers crossed that the Eller family would pick St. Chris and that Andrew would be in my first grade...check and check!
What a lovely family picture...Mom and Dad Eller and older brothers Justin and Zach and right there in front on the left...my Sam!


When I asked Andrew how he likes St. Christopher he just kind of "melted" and said he LOVES St. Chris and his two favorite things about our school are the teachers (awww!) and his very favorite time of day is math time (double awww!).
Love a man who loves baseball.


Andrew said that the secret power he would most like to have is to be able to fly like Iron Man...well yeah...me too.  He also said that he has a very good friend who is almost like a sister to him...they just don't have enough room at their house for a real sister...HA!
I look at this picture and all I can think is how lucky Andrew is to have two big brothers like these.  I don't know them but they certainly are handsome boys...and, let's face it...I think they are pretty lucky to have a little brother like Andrew.
Andrew is a little train "crazy" and definitely thinks steam trains are better than diesel...me too Andrew! (???)  It is a definite theme when he writes.  
Yep...they need a farm.


Of course Andrew took to the classroom critters like a duck to water.
Andrew and Topher


I am so happy that the Eller family decided that St. Chris would be a good fit for Andrew and his mother has quickly become my right-hand gal on Fridays...listening to kids read, organizing and grading homework and just generally willing and able to do anything to help.

Not only did they decide that St. Chris was a good fit for Andrew but for the whole family as well and I will be there for the Easter Vigil Mass (it's like 8 hours long!) to welcome them into the church.  

I told Fr. Mike that I enroll them and convert them...all at the same time!  Seriously though, this is something they have been thinking about for awhile and I am so glad that I can be a little part of that experience.

Glad to have you Andrew and clan.

Next up: Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment