Saturday, October 19, 2013

sorry i pooped in your shoe...the process

Several years ago the idea for teacher decorated Christmas trees for the St. Chris auction popped up on the radar.  We were to decorate a tree around a book theme.  This lasted for two years and then ceased.  This year WE ARE BACK and they will be very popular judging from some of the finished products I have seen.  My process:


First you tell Miss King you want your tree in May because you want to work on it over the summer...yeah, like that really is going to happen but it does impress Miss King.  Mine sat on my Hoosier cabinet all of June, July, August, September and most of October.  OMG...it's due next week!

Find a book!!!  I decided on a dog theme and then perused Amazon after entering "dog".  I searched pages and pages and pages of dog books until this little gem popped up.
I mean...what kid wouldn't love a book that had the word "pooped" in it?

Had to have a pair of shoes...

Found large heavy duty stickers and round and square disks and ribbon with paw prints on it...the stars are aligning!

Added the cute skirt, propped the book up and...something was still missing.  Back to Amazon...

...and found this little jewel...a Beanie Baby depicting one of my beloved Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Also threw in this bonus book because how could I not?


The trees will be raffled off on November 23 at the St. Christopher Auction held at the Colombia Club.  Raffle tickets will be sold and then they can be placed in a bag in front of the tree you want.  Come on parents!  

...and the best thing of all is I already have my book for next year...Sorry I Peed in You Bed about the cats you have loved.

1 comment: