Saturday, October 12, 2013

kate...

This is Kate.  Kate is one of the kindest kids I know and frankly, I'm not for sure where it comes from...just kidding AJ and Katy (I know them pretty well!).  The first time I met Kate officially was at the St. Chris festival when she was about 4.  She asked me which rides I was going on and I told her that they all kind of scared me.  She said, "I'll go with you and hold your hand" and she's had me eating out of her hand ever since.

Kate is pretty adept at using her Mom's cell phone and contact list and this popped up on my messages a few days ago...L.O.V.E. that smile.

Kate had been dying to tell me what she would like her super power to be (hadn't intended to even ask her ) so when we started the interviewing process, the first thing she told me was that she would love to be able to freeze people...what???


First day of school...she's trying to freeze me I think.
Kate says her Mom and Dad make the best chocolate chip cookies ever but that Dad actually makes them best...I wouldn't know??


Here are some of Kate's "people".  She said her sister Brittany is the most annoying person in her house but it's because Brittany tells her she talks too much..ya think!!

I'm going out on a limb here but I think this is Kate on an airplane to Disney World...but I could be wrong.
Kate told me that when she grows up she wants to be a chef.  She said she would cook for me after she became a chef but wanted to know if I would be retired by then.  I told her I would probably be dead by then...OMG, her eyes got sooo big.  I may have scarred her for life!  Oops!
Living the life at the lake home...it's good to be a Ploughe.

...and like any good Ploughe she has learned that it's important to start earning a living, so she moonlights at Christmas time as the Colombia Club's resident elf.  I mean, you can only earn so much money from the tooth fairy after all.



...and to show how well-rounded she is, she also got to do announcements a week ago.  She begged me to let her do it and then moments before her big gig she was sooo nervous!

"When can I push the red button?"

Kate thinks first grade is so awesome because she gets to hold Topher...uh, what about me Kate?
Kate and Topher


As many of you know, I have four Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and Kate has fallen hard for one of them (and the feeling seems to be mutual).
Honestly, Kate doesn't understand why I won't  just turn this love over to her.

Since I won't give her one of my pups, the next best thing is buttering up Grandma and Grandpa (and Christmas is just around the corner AND one of my "girls" MIGHT just be expecting).
Of course I had to do some editorializing.


...and just because...

...some things are better left a mystery!?!


Next up: Keegan

No comments:

Post a Comment