Tuesday, April 17, 2012

18 or older and jelly beans...

Here is Sarah Gillaspy.  She is 18 today.  I know her mom and dad feel like their little baby has grown up.  So do I...she is one of "my" 1st graders.

Sarah used to sit in this chair 12 years ago...some things change...some don't.  Now she is in my room as a cadet teacher from Cardinal Ritter High School and she is beloved by all so of course we had to celebrate today (don't worry...she did not have to share this cake with 25 kids..they got birthday cookies!
Note her new birthday iphone on the desk.

All the kids made her darling cards but I about spit my coffee out across the room when I saw this one!

Do you see why? I think Audrey's parents better hide the credit cards when she turns 18 (if not before!)

Fr. Mike has repeatedly brought up at Mass that he didn't get any Easter bunnies this year...and yesterday he was bemoaning the fact that he didn't get any jelly beans, especially his favorite black licorice ones (really Fr. Mike?)  So...in comes Luke Adams today with a big old bag that indeed had plenty of the black ones...so off to the rectory we go! 


A boy, a man and ...his jelly beans.  Fr. Mike was so happy that he "proclaimed" a no-homework night for Luke.

Have you ever seen a happier kid?
I can only imagine in my wildest dreams what the "other kids" will be bringing in tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment