Thursday, April 12, 2012

weebles wobble...

It was such a gorgeous day today, so on our way over to church to practice for Monday's Mass, we took a detour and went on an art walk.  St. Christopher Parish has the most beautiful and amazing art scattered around the grounds...we all take great pride in the sculptures...however some of us can be a little playful (and perhaps a bit irreverent) when discussing the pieces...thank goodness I'm not that way!!!

I think this says it all about St. Christopher as a parish and I truly LOVE this next piece because it features children from many different continents...and that is what our school is about specifically.

However, I can't get the "weebles wobble but they don't fall down" jingle out of my mind whenever I am heading over to church.  P.S. I DID NOT come up with that on my own but I will not name names (unless my job is on the line over this little tour).

Wait till you see this creation and how embraced it is by the children of Room 7.

I have never had a class that had children who did not immediately crawl and climb up into the lap of Jesus...

This is such an example of our Catholic Identity and how comfortable these kids are in their faith and love of Jesus
(except for Johnny who is SURE we may be getting in trouble for this).



...and last but not least, another one of my favorite pieces of art...affectionately  called Surfing Jesus by ANOTHER teacher...once again I will gladly give up her name if my job is on the line!

This doesn't even begin to cover the precious art pieces inside the church but am glad I could share some of our little art walk today...we are lucky that Fr. Mike has such an appreciation for art and a good sense of humor...I hope...I pray...

No comments:

Post a Comment