Sunday, April 22, 2012

prom 2012...old kids

Well, I did something I haven't done since 1967...I went to prom.  The class of 2012 has always held a special place in my heart, so I decided that if the weather was nice I was going to crash the "parent preview" photo op.  The weather was horrible (rainy and overcast AND cold) so I decided to snuggle up in my warm cozy house but...got an emergency call from Sarah's parents that Mrs. Gillaspy was en route to the ER with possible kidney stones...would I fill in?  So...I loaded my umbrella and headed downtown to save the day...but...I got a flat tire (fortunately though right in front of the venue).

I did capture a picture of Sarah though on the way into the prom...we are giggling (?) about my flat tire...isn't she beautiful?

Loved the back of Sarah's hair as much as the front
(courtesy of Norine Chastain)

Another one of my "old girls" Allie Witek...also a cadet teacher in Mrs. McKee's room. 

Sarah and Natalie Eisele (another one of my "old girls").  Natalie looked so pretty and her hair was a work of art...

...so I captured the back of hers also!

Look at this beautiful and sophisticated Kelsey Blake...this dress was STUNNING and Kelsey wore it like she owned it...oh yeah...she does own it.  It was breathtakingly gorgeous!

I never had Joseph Stevens but he was kind of a universal child of St. Christopher...HA!  Love the "gangsta" look!

Another "universal child" of St. Christopher...Abby Franklin...beloved by all of us cuz she's always so darn cute and happy (another cadet teacher).

Abby and Sarah

Adam Essex (son of Mrs. Essex)...you really had to see his hair in person to appreciate the golden tips at the end of the spikes...who knew Adam had such panache?  (another one of my oldies).

Speaking of panache...so sorry that Harry Massonne is a little blurry in this pic but I think you can still see the swagger he had on...no clue who the girl on the left is but she was determined to be in the photo!

I so badly wanted to get a picture of Casey Moorman (who holds such a special place in my heart) but he came and went while I was outside with Triple A getting my tire changed so I did the next best thing...I got a picture of his nephew Jax (son of John and Maria Moorman...another one of my "old" boys).  Casey went on that evening to be crowned King of Prom along with his girlfriend Sarah Mayse, Queen of Prom).  Molly Connor did both of their Senior Pictures!  Casey was also this year's Homecoming King...Shiela would have been so proud as she was of all three of her boys. 

This picture just made me happy...Cali always has a smile going on.

...and last but not least...Steven Brinkman...too young for the party but having a good time anyway.  Your time will come young Steven!


By the way...Mr. and Mrs. Gillaspy made it to the party and all I had to be responsible for were the fun shots...whew...glad that responsibility was off my shoulders and I could just enjoy...wish I had been able to capture all my old kids but time for the preview ran out.  Prom wore me out!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you!!!! You were an awesome substitute for the night. Weren't all the girls so beautiful and the boys so handsome? They have all aged very well so far. So happy for the pictures. The morphine was working wonders-couldn't even remember the colors of the dresses that night.
    Just as an FYI, I did have my third baby that day. Named her Roxanne. Just don't look for her to come to your classroom as I was very happy to send her to the lab to be analyzed.
    Barb Gillaspy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing these pictures!!!! The girls all looked beautiful and the boys looked handsome. They do scrub up nicely. First grade moms and dads - this will be your children in the blink of an eye.
    Mary Blake

    ReplyDelete