Friday, February 10, 2012

casey jones at the wheel....

This career is near and dear to my heart because growing up my Dad was an engineer for the old M&StL railroad.  We used to travel by train to visit our Louisiana cousins and would sleep in the old Pullman cars...something most kids will never experience.  As a very young girl, my parents would put me on the train and send me to Chicago (with my name and address pinned to my clothes!!!! and enough money for an ice cream sundae in the dining car) to be picked up at Union Station by my uncle.  WHAT WERE THEY THINKING????

Well aren't we lucky that Fr. Mike is a train affecionado, so Noah and I took a little stroll (one of our new vocabulary words) over to his train room.  Look at that control panel!

The red is the caboose...a car of the past.

He's already asked his mom for train driving lessons...much better than spaceship driving lessons!

Noah is tickled because I just showed him the little Barbie doll I snuck into Fr. Mike's train room YEARS ago...can you find her?
A good career choice Noah...they have stellar retirement benefits!

No comments:

Post a Comment