Tuesday, September 4, 2012

self portraits...and a random act of kindness


At the beginning of each year the kids get their own "homework" folder...or as stamped on the folder, THE TEACHER...PARENT COMMUNICATOR.  Who thinks of these fancy titles?  Anyway, as a first or second day activity I have the kids make self portraits to slide into the front of these folders (actually it's busy work to give me about 5 minutes to breathe by myself).  Sometimes these pictures are so "spot on" I can't help but admire their self awareness...I still am at the stick figure level.  See if YOU think they've captured their essence...

I love the glasses...and Elijah always is wearing that smile!

This is going to be one of my glamour girls...I think I have that shade of lipstick Nia (check out the hair accessories both in Nia's hair and in the pic).

Speaking of glamour...check out that curl.  She is such an "Ava".

If this isn't Dennis the Menace I don't know who is!
I'm showing my age here.

I love how Anna depicted her ponytail...and speaking of lipstick...whew...I think that's my Mom's shade...in the 50's.

I think Ray got her curls "just right"...and what a smile!

Case usually is bright eyed and bushy tailed...just like his picture (he's being shy here and as far as I can tell...there is not a shy bone in this boy's body).
...and now for our random act of kindness...meet Jackson.  Today after lunch recess, a lady who was enjoying the park with her two small children, approached the recess teacher and pointed Jackson out.  She said he was so sweet, patient and nice with her young son who was looking for someone to help him with some of the playground equipment.  She said, while she is always impressed with our children when she is at the park, Jackson really stood out as a special child.
I think he captured the hair-do.

Well done Mom and Dad Roesler...I always say that good children don't just happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment