Thursday, January 31, 2013

crazy day...and wine pants!

Catholic Schools Week...fun, weird, exhausting...
On Tuesday we combined Crazy Day with D.E.A.R. (Drop Everything And Read).  Kids got to wear WHATEVER as long as it was "appropriate" and believe me...we always hold our breath on this one.


My kids seemed to L.O.V.E. their jammies this year...Jackson accessorized with a pair of binoculars  (have you every had the feeling someone was watching you all day...I sure did!)

They also get to bring pillows and stuffed pets and some of the kids had weird hair coloring going on...I always think I'm going to do that and then forget the next year.

D.E.A.R. is such a fun part of the day...at random times the bell would ring and no matter what we were doing we'd scramble for a book, a pillow and a place to read (or giggle). These kids were in my reading group in the cafeteria and off they would go when the bell would ring!
Typical...the girls take it seriously...the boys, not so much!

You can tell which kids don't miss a photo op.

...and then there is the renegade who is as happy flopping down on the cafeteria floor...way to go Anna!



Back to the words "appropriate clothing"...
when I got to school that morning in MY jammies I looked down and saw wine glasses staring me back from my bottoms...oops.  Appropriate???  Maybe....just maybe.

THE END
(so to speak)

No comments:

Post a Comment