Sunday, January 13, 2013

egg plant soup on a cold rainy night...

Rain, rain...go away!
...but what a perfect night for a little eggplant soup...if I just had some spicy peppers...oh, and an eggplant...oh, and Jackson here to dice for me!


You've absolutely got to love a "man" who cooks.

He used the word "dice"...my heart just melted a little!



Ava is our little seamstress and she comes by it naturally.  Her mom is the "famous" Maria Rippetoe with her own line of clothing on Etsy ...check out Clothesline Kids.
The kids had to come up with three topics that they felt "confident" enough to be able to write a story about.  I love her constellation illustration!

"Stuff it up!"...LOL

Look at the details...she worked and worked on this...she really respected the details in this pic.


Abby really went to town on her topic...after all, what does she know the most about but herself?!?
102???

This pretty much captures the look of Abby!

When I first told them that they had to illustrate their stories using ONLY construction paper and scissors you would have thought I had told them all I was going to poke their eye with a needle...there were gasps...there were moans...and there were "cheaters" but...they all did a fabulous job and learned about the fun in details.  More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment