Wednesday, May 30, 2012

seriously...i love these guys

Seriously...I love me some Cardinal Ritter High School Seniors...I mean...I went to their prom!!  It's been an age old tradition at Cardinal Ritter for every Senior to invite a teacher that has made an impact in their life to a Senior Day luncheon and every year since I've had a class reach Senior-hood...I've been invited.  I'm not bragging...it just means I'm doing my job.  But what is truly amazing to me, year after year, is that these kids reach waaaaaay back into their memory bank and remember me.  It not only means I'm doing my job but that St. Christopher School is an amazing place that fosters this kind of community.  


Seriously...not only was Sarah a first grader of mine but since the day she left my room for second grade..she has been my friend.  

I'll hang in there for another four years Sarah and if you can get hired as my replacement I will bequeath you all my "stuff".

Seriously..this handsome kid is a schmoozer...always was...always will be.  Within five minutes of sitting down with him today at lunch Harry ALMOST had me convinced that he had spent spring break doing mission work in Mexico...and I am NOT a gullible person...look at that face...he's got the power!

Harry was my biggest surprise today and I love you for it..."one of the greatest teachers ever"...schmoozer!

Seriously...I was at his baby shower before he was born...I bought him the cutest pink outfit ever...were we shocked when out came a bouncing baby boy but perhaps not as shocked at his Mom Shiela was.  Found out tonight his Dad had even painted his room pink...that must explain his gentle side.  

No Casey...thank YOU

...and because it wasn't all about ME today let me show you who else was at my table.

Emily...she looks exactly like she did in first grade...same exact smile!

...and she invited her old kickball and volleyball coach Mr. Steve Hay (also of St. Christopher's)...and I don't mean "old, old"!

Robbie...who came to St. Chris in first grade...

...invited Miss Elizabeth Anderson, his fourth grade teacher...aawww...they are about the same age!!!
But getting back to me...here are "my" kids.
Sarah Gillaspy, Harry Massonne and Casey Moorman

Here's my letter to you:


Dear Sarah, Harry and Casey,
You are why all of us at St. Christopher's do what we do.  It certainly is not for the money, the glory (??) or the fame.  It's because we love what we do, where we do it, and who we do it for...and the truth be told...you are the ones who make an impact on our lives as much if not more than we make on your lives.
Keep up all your hard work and your faith and always think to yourselves...would the decisions I'm making merit a pink slip from Mrs. Connor.


Love, 
Susan Connor

No comments:

Post a Comment